Omar Marques is a Portuguese freelance photojournalist from the north west of Portugal.
Omar works as a freelance photojournalist for several news agencies on editorial and commercial assignments and has his own studio in Krakow, Poland.
Apart of providing news coverage around Central, Eastern Europe and Balkans, he works in personal long term projects.
Some of Omar pictures have been published in The Times, The New York Times, CNBC, Foreign Policy, The Guardian, Paris Match, Le Point, Newsweek Poland, Peninsula Qatar, La Croix among others.
He has presented his work during photography workshops but also during several summer schools (including the ones organised by The Europaeum network based in Oxford, UK, Jagiellonian University in Poland and Sofia University in Bulgaria).
As Omar is always on the run and suffers from the chronic decease ” press the shutter”, he looks forward to establish cooperation, partnerships and to explore the most wild places in the planet.
- Street Photography Workshop with David Gibson , Krakow, May 2014
- “Tell me a story” workshop with Paolo Woods, ISSP, Latvia, August 2016
- Street Photography Workshop with David Gibson , Krakow, September 2017
- First Curator Choice : Seeing things in things
- Second Curator Choice : Black & White Photography -94
- Special Mention by Curator : Black & White Photography -100
- Special Mention by Curator : World Street Photography Awards 2016 – Street Portraits
- Polónia, no periscópio da modernidade – Lx Factory, Lisbon, Portugal / August 2016
- Group exhibition, ISSP 2016, Kuldiga, Latvia / August 2016
- Open Krakow – Street photography exhibition – Villa Decius, Krakow, Poland / March 2017
Refugees– Images of the unseen – Tytano, Krakow, Poland / July 2017 Refugees– Images of the unseen – Group Exhibition, Foto Open at Bielsko Biala FotoArt Festival / October 2017